Mental Health Therapist
- Norfolk, VA
- Children's Pavilion
- PAV Partial Hosp Prog PHP
- Full -time - Days
- The Mental Health Therapist (LCSW or LPC) is responsible for demonstrating departmental values of excellence, hope, accessibility and integration in conducting mental health assessments and providing mental health therapy to patients and their families. The Mental health therapist compiles reports and treatment plans that are submitted for reimbursement to third party payer sources based on established guidelines. May function in an on-call capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Travel to offsite locations may be required. Reports to the Mental Health Therapy Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of Clinical Care
- Conducts clinical psychiatric evaluation to include eliciting for mental health symptoms, chronic illness, trauma, disability, as well as the primary support group, educational system, social environment, legal system, and other psychosocial and environmental problems.
- Evaluates children and adolescents to risk for harm to self or others and triggers to such.
- Develops a clinical treatment plan to address diagnoses and symptoms identified.
- Provides evidenced based therapies to children with mental health diagnoses and, potentially, co-occurring acute or chronic illness, trauma, or disability using individual, family, and group modalities.
- Submits psychiatric evaluation, progress notes and treatment plan based on established guidelines to meet regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Integration of Clinical Care
- Completes comprehensive report on all of the above for review by broader treatment team.
- Obtains outcome measures, through use of psychometric tools, shares data on patient progress with collaborating care providers, and tracks clinical trends.
- Leads coordination efforts with patients medical care providers in order to ensure seamless integration of medical and mental health care.
- Participates in integrated care teams.
- Facilitates transitions along the continuum of care as needed as well as referrals to community-based resources, when needed.
- Travel to offsite locations may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Virginia clinical license.
- Certification in any of the below evidenced-based modalities preferred, advanced training in modalities also considered: Parent Child Interaction Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Based Therapy for Anorexia Nervosa, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health or related field.
- At minimum, two years of post-license related work experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing evidence-based treatments with children and families required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary.
- Ability to work as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Increased Security Clearance Required for Job Roles in Medical Tower II: FBI fingerprinting, criminal background check, and Child Protective Services registry search.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.