RN - Partial Hospitalization Program
This job posting is no longer active.
The RN performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services to support the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). Reports to the Inpatient Nurse Manager and works in close cooperation with and under the clinical guidance of the practice physician(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrates excellence in nursing practice characterized by quality patient care and participation in formal and informal patient and staff education.
• Provides developmentally appropriate psychosocial and clinical care.
• Facilitates group therapy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
• Current Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid Compact State license.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through the completion of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Minimum of one year mental health experience required.
• Pediatric experience preferred.
• CPR Training required and/or must be obtained within 45 days of hire.
• Must provide record of a completed diploma (or equivalent) or academic transcript for those areas performing complexity testing.
• Increased Security Clearance Required for Job Roles in Medical Tower II: FBI fingerprinting, criminal background check, and Child Protective Services registry search.
Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Frequent exposure to communicable disease and moderately adverse working conditions due to performance of certain patient care activities.
Click here to view physical requirements.